If you haven't checked out these beauties, now's the time! Here are my Top 6 picks for Fall 2017:
1. Patchouli Clouds by Marina Barcenilla Parfums - I can not seem to get enough of this breathtaking, 100% natural patch. I get this litte bit of jasmine in it that somehow lifts it up. I don't get spice, but almost like an innuendo of it. It's woody and on the darker side, and I just find it unbelievably therapeutic. Grounding and relaxing but exhilirating in its beauty.
2. Wild Rose by Thorn and Bloom - Now that it's cooler, I'm moving towards roses that are darker and have more heft. Wild Rose is still not super dark, but it has some nice deeper notes of myrrh and woods in the base and a balsamic texture overall. It's a rose that men can easily wear as well as women, and I partially attribute that quality to the fact that it's 100% natural.
3. Civet by Zoologist - Practically a modern classic at this point, but how wonderful that it just happens to wear so beautifully in the fall. It has rich florals, spice that is not overwhelming by any means, and a touch of animalic (synthetic of course), musky warmth.
4. Dryad by Papillon Artisan Perfumes - Dryad wears well in all seasons, but I love it for fall because this is the season where I feel vetiver really shines. People might think of it as a good galbanum fragrance, which it totally is, but I get so much lovely, bright vetiver in the heart. It also has some soft woods, which round out the woody aspects of the perfume, making it lightly woody rather than heavy and dark (as we sometimes like our winter perfumes to be).
5. Erdernstern by April Aromatics - Who doesn't like a little tobacco in their fall fragrances? Tobacco is one of those notes that just screams fall. It's earthy, warm and sweet, and it blends so beautifully with woods and spices. Erdenstern is all of those things in one bottle--sticky tobacco, bitter cacao, intense woods, sweet without being a toothache. So beautiful! I've been reaching for it a lot on cool days, for peaceful fall hikes, or sometimes I spritz my inner-elbow before bed. Also 100% natural.
6. Usar by Euphorium Brooklyn - A spectacular quality vetiver with an edge of clean, sugared sweetness. I get a hint of clove in the base, but it's not prominent on my skin. Usar also has an addictive delicate smokiness about it that smells like natural paper that has been singed on the edges. It gives you some smoke without becoming cloying. Such a beauty!
Have you tried any of these? We'd love to hear from you and also hear about your own fall favorites!
This video of CHOCOLATL, inspired by our recent Instagram post about Dia de los Muertos, was created by Euphorium Brooklyn founder Stephen Dirkes. The video is 1000 times more cool. It's extremely fun and entertaining and was begging to be shared!
We have samples of CHOCOLATL as well as full bottles. You can check out the product and description if you click here.
Also don't forget that a portion of all profits for the month of October will go to a local animal rescue organization. Details will follow if you sign up for our newletter or check the blog. Animals need our help today!
Enjoy the video!